Sunday, May 07, 2006

it's a new day

it's time.
time to move.
i am tired of being in this same spot i've been in for years.....
wishing, hoping, waiting for some special diet trick or magic pill.
promising myself that i will start again on monday and giving up my tuesday.
i'm sick of fads. sick of it all.
it's just like the genius in nike's marketing department once said.
just do it.
just freaking do it.

so here i am trying my best to do it. i started the weight watchers program last week and went to my first meeting. the first week has been rough, i haven't been perfect.

i know that some of my blogging friends do weight watchers to and some like
aj have been very successful with it. so i am inviting you all to meet up with me here. my mom is doing weight watchers too. i know there have to be lots more people out there that would like to have a little encouragement. so come on. let's talk recipes. let's work on this stuff together. i want to hear some tips for how other people have stayed on track, lost the weight and successfully changed their lifestyle. i will tell you some stories about how i have been on every diet you can imagine since i was like 8 years old and i'd love to hear yours too. together we can do this.

i am ready to move forward, starting today.

5 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said...

very cool idea mer.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger andrea said...

I'm so very down with this. I've been doing weight watchers on and off for years (as you probably already know from our past conversations) and it's the one thing that's always worked for me... because it MAKES SENSE. it's sensible and long term. in fact, I'm doing it right now (though not going to the meetings). just keeping track of my daily points intake and the way my clothes fit. have made the jump to vegetarianism. and three weeks ago, I added stength training to my routine of cardio. feeling stronger, feeling better-- slowly but surely.

I'm with you all the way on this one, sister. I'll be here to encourage you and share in the success. I'll share mine too, so we can support each other.

this is such a great idea, meridith.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Karen said...

i'm with ya. i have been really trying to lose the last 10 lbs from having greta and i'm having a reeeeally difficult time. during the week i do great but the weekend or anything social screws me right up. gah. i'm frustrated. i will say that when i am consistant with it, i feel so much healthier.

go for it! i know you can do it, b/c if *I* can, anyone can!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

I'm so glad you started this blog Meredith! And I'm very proud of you for "Just doing it!". One of the things that helped me in the beginning (and still does to this day) is the power of positive thinking. I had spent too many years telling myself I couldn't do it. Then I started telling myself I could...even though sometimes I didn't believe it...and then...I did believe it. And I honestly think that helped my journey.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

Gosh...Meridith...I spelled your name wrong in my previous post...SORRY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home