Thursday, May 18, 2006

motivation

seriously.
there is no better motivation than stepping on the scale and seeing a lower number than you have seen in a long time. that's what happened this morning and i couldn't believe my eyes. this thing is working. i am more encouraged than ever to stick with it. i love what aj said in a comment a couple of posts back....it really stuck with me.....and i think it's one of things helping. she said you have to tell yourself that "you CAN do it". that is so key. for the past few years i've been telling myself i am going to fail. THIS TIME, there is no room for failure.....i can do it. all it takes is just sticking with it. time goes so fast. can you believe it's already may 18th? i've already been doing this two weeks and i feel like i just started. so if i just stick with it, before i know it......weeks and months will go by and the weight will be gone.

stick with it! if i can do this, ANYBODY can!

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger AJ Fabulous said...

i find myself in the land of negativity from time to time...and i just have to remind myself that i need to switch my thoughts to positive ones...it's hard...but it has helped me so much!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger mommy zabs said...

you know i have never done the points thing so i can't encourage from that standpoint... but i know you can do it... and i completely belive in you. your attitude about it all this time is completely brand new. This time IS different, I can tell.... and I have known you quite awhile!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

well done !!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger andrea said...

yesyesyes, YOU CAN DO THIS. the weekly losses add up and before you know it, you will have taken off more than you ever thought possible. slow is the way to go, you are so smart to do it this way, you are setting up lifetime habits. know that there are ups and downs but really approach it like a lifestyle change NO MATTER WHAT. I say this because I have been up and down so many times but am determined to put my health first. when I look at it like this, I remain consistent. thinking about putting good stuff in my body, moving my body... approaching it with a 90/10 outlook (90% healthy, 10% indulgence). it feels tangible and sensible.

and just wait until your clothes start to fit differently... even better than the losses at the scale, I swear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home