Monday, September 04, 2006

sometimes up, sometimes down

i haven't posted in a bit. in between i had one incredible week (5 lb loss in one week!) and then since then i have had a birthday and right now i am on a little vacation to my dad's. so i have had some relapses. it's funny though. in the past if i was on a program and doing well and a special event came along i would just throw in the towel. somehow a combination of laziness and frustration would set in and i'd slip back slowly but surely into my old ways. this has been my pattern for the past 10 years since i had my other signifigant weight loss.

this time is different.

i could sit here and write or say that all day trying to sike myself up but i KNOW that i KNOW down deep inside that it is true. when i go home today i will continue to make good choices. sure, maybe i indulged for my birthday and on my trip.....but it's not a new habit.

it's just a different time, i can feel it in me. something changing. old thought patterns being replaced. truly i must give weight watchers alot of credit. when they tell you that going to the classes makes a huge difference they aren't just trying to sell you something. it's absolutely true. i know because it's helping me change. on the other hand, none of this change would be possible if i didn't WANT to change so badly. so you take your own motivation (whatever motivates you), some classes and the right tools then mix it in with a bunch of telling yourself you just have to do it......mix it all up and i just think you may have a formula for success. i think it's my formula anyway.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Karen said...

i know exactly what you are talking about, and i'm SO very happy for you. it's totally worth it, isn't it?

good job, meredith!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home